- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
A Sharing Meeting on the Domestic Violence (Prevention and Protection) Act, 2010 with the Panel Lawyers of the Bangladesh Mahila Parishad
A Sharing Meeting on the Domestic Violence (Prevention and Protection) Act, 2010 was held on 13th June, 2015 at Anowara Begum Munira Khan Auditorium, Bangladesh Mahila Parishad Segunbagicha, and Dhaka. The Central Legal Aid Sub-Committee of the Bangladesh Mahila Parishad organized the meeting. The program was chaired by Ayesha Khanam, President, and Central Committee of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad.
Ayesha Khanam, President, Central Committee of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad stated that BMP through its courageous journey has experienced many obstacles, ridiculous opposition and even violence on the streets but still it moves on and in its journey of 40 years. It emphasizes that the task of building up a woman friendly society is not the exclusive job of woman only. Men should be motivated and encouraged to play a vital role in this continuo’s movement.BMP believes and works to make everyone believe that woman’s empowerment cannot take place only with some slogans and demonstrations; rather it is simply essential to undertake gradual and thoughtful steps to ensure equal opportunities for woman in the social system itself.It has taken various presentation and protection and advocacy technique to promote and protect women’s human rights in Bangladesh society and state. She also emphasized on the respective and responsible role of the society and the government and the judicial system in order to combat domestic violence against woman. She also introduced the “Gender lance” .Lastly Bangladesh Mahila Parishad has walked a long way and still there is a long way to go for women’s emancipation.
The Resource persons of the sharing meeting were Adv. Masuda Rehana Begum, Assistant General Secretary, Adv. Maksuda Akhter, Director, Legal Advocacy & Lobby, Adv. Zead Al Malum, Prosecutor, International Crimes Tribunal Bangladesh, S.M.A Sobur, Senior Lawyer, Supreme Court of Bangladesh. The sharing meeting was conducted by Adv. Dipti Rani Shikdar, Senior Lawyer, Central Legal Aid Sub-Committee of the Bangladesh Mahila Parishad.
A total number of 85 persons including 29 lawyers and 35 districts organizers were present in the Meeting.