- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Economic Empowerment of Women, National Budget 2016-17
Bangladesh Mahila Parishad organized a discussion meeting on “Economic Empowerment of Women, National Budget 2016-17” at Anowara Begum Munira Khan Auditorium, on 27th June 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
Dr. Shamsul Alam, Member (Senior Secretary), General Economics Division, Bangladesh Planning Commission was present in the meeting as the Special Guest.
Dr. Nazma Begum, Chairman, Dept. of Economics, DU, Saima Huq Bidisha, Asspciate Prof. Dept. of Economics, DU, and Dr. Nazneem Ahmed, Senior Research Fellow, BIDS discussed in the meeting.
Ayesha Khanam President, Bangladesh Mahila Parishad chaired the meeting.
Sharmind Nilormi, Associate Professor, Jahangirnagar University and the Member, BMP Central Committee presented the key note paper.
The discussants said that economic growth will not accelerate without increased participation of women in the workforce. They recommended that as the allocation for human development plays a role in women’s empowerment, so it should be bumped up.
The special guest Dr Samsul Alam said that the allocation for gender budget in terms of total allocation should be raised over the years.
President Ayesha Khanam recommended developing a mechanism system for monitoring and evaluation of implementation of gender budget.
The program was conducted by Kazi Sufia Akhter, Movement Secretary, Bangladesh Mahila Parishad.