- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Human chain against the Murder of Sohagi Jahan Tanu
Social Action Committee (a platform of 68 women, Human rights and development organizations) where Bangladesh Mahila Parishad plays secretariat role, formed a human chain for protesting against the brute force murder of Sohagi Jahan Tanu who was a student in the Department of History in Commilla Victoria College. Ad Rawshan Jahan Parveen chaired the program. Among others Ayesha Khanam President Bangladesh Mahila Parishad, Rokeya Kabir Executive Director Bangladesh Nari Progoti Sangha, Jiban Krisna Saujal from Steps Towards Development, Nasima Akhter Jolly from Girl Child Advocacy Forum, Murshikul Islam from the Hunger Project, Nasimun Ara Huq President, Bangladesh Nari Sangbadik Kendra, Rashida Hossain from BNWLA, Rehana Begum from CAMPE, Mahbub Akhte from Nagorik Uddog, Rikta Halder from Karmajibi Nari delivered their speech.
The leaders spoke that the culture of impunity in the society instigates the incidents of sexual harassment and murder as the perpetrator believe that they could get away with the crime. They expressed their deep concern that after 5 days from murder police could not arrest anybody. The speakers also demanded a quick trial and punishment of the perpetrator and ensuring security of the victim’s Family.