- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Human chain on 5th October
Bangladesh Mahila Parishad formed a human chain on 5th October 2016, in front of National Press club in the capital for maintaining communal harmony in Bangladesh.
In the human chain The President of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad Ayesha Khanam, General Secretary Maleka Banu, Joint General Secretary Rakhi Das Purkaystha and Shima Moslem, Dhaka City Secretary Rehene Yunus spoke.
The speakers called on Government to take strong security measures during Durga Puja – the biggest religious festival of Hindu Community in our country.
President Ayesha Khanam said that Bangladesh Mahila Parishad always strongly stands up against discrimination and oppression on the minority communities in Bangladesh. We want a country of communal harmony where people of all religion may enjoy their religious festival peacefully. She drew the attention of the Honorable Home Minister for taking all necessary actions well ahead so that unwanted incidents could be prevented.
The smokers said according to the spirit of war of Liberation Bangladesh are a country where communal harmony is prevailing. But sometimes we observe many intolerable attacks on Hindu temples, Hindu community during durga puja by some miscreants.
The human chain was conducted by Jana Goswami, Program Director Advocacy, Bangladesh Mahila Parishad.