- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Jessore Press Conference on Security and rights of Religious Minority People
Pashapola Union Parishad Chairman Shahinur Rahman forcefully evicted 30 Hindu families with 150 family members to grab their land.
The leaders of central committee, Bangladesh Mahila Parishad visited the pashapola village in Chougachaya upazila in Jessore District.
Bangladesh Mahila Parishad Central movement Sub committee and Jessore district committee jointly organized a sharing meeting on “Citizen Rights and security must be ensured” with the sufferer minority people in this village at Raniallykhal School premises on 18th May 2016. Among others General Secretary of Mahila Parishad Central Committee Maleka Banu, Joint General Secretary Shima Moslem, Movement Secretary Kazi Sufia Akhter, Central Committee member Manju Dhar and Habiba Shefa, President of Jessore district committee Suraia Sharif victim Nikhil Chandra Biswas, Mahadeb Roy, Milon Mandal, Joydeb Mandal . Representative of civil society also spoke in this meeting.
The affected minority people said that more than 150 persons from 30 Hindu families had been driven out to grab their land by Chairman Shahinur Rahman. The villagers who are in their homes also passing their days with fear and anxiety.
The speakers said that according to the spirit of war of Liberation Bangladesh is a country where communal harmony is prevailing. But sometimes we observe many intolerable attacks are occurring on Hindu temples, Hindu community. The speakers also demanded trial and punishment of the perpetrator, chairman Shahinur Rahman and ensuring security of the victim’s Family.
The committee submitted a memorandum demanding punishment of the perpetrator and ensuring security of the Minority people to the Deputy Commissioner of Jessore District and Superintendent of Police Jessore district.
Mahila Parishad also organized a press conference in Jessore Press Club on 19th May at 10. 30 a.m. for sharing their experience from visit the pashapola village. Maleka Banu General Secretary Bangladesh Mahila Parishad spoke in this press conference and gave importance to ensure punishment of the perpetrator, chairman Shahinur Rahman and ensuring security of the victim’s Family. She also thanked to the media people for making out such type of news.