- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Mahila Parishad and Social Action Committee formed human chain in protest against recent terror attacks in the country
Bangladesh Mahila Parishad formed a human chain in front of National Press club on 10th July 2016 at 3 p.m. in protest against recent terror attacks in the country.
While addressing the human chain President, Mahila Parishad Ayesha Khanam payed condolences to the bereaved family members of the victims of the recent militant at the Gulshan cafe and Solakia, Kishoregonj. She called for leaders of different platforms to be unite in fighting militancy.
The program was conducted by Rakhi Das Purkayestha, Joint General Secretary BMP. In the human chain Participants hold lit candle as a symbol of dispelling all kinds of fanaticism.
A platform of 68 Women, human rights and development organizations Social Action Committee also formed a human chain in the front of National Press club on 14th July 2016 at 3 p.m. in protest against recent terror attacks in the country.
President, Mahila Parishad Ayesha Khanam said that the Government must take preventive measures before it happens. she also asked the state to look into whether youths are being given proper education, the national anthem is sung and national flag is hoisted with due respect at educational institution.
The speakers suggested that the authorities concerned monitor activities of educational institutions. Among others Right activist Ad sultana Kamal, Executive Director of BNPS Rokeya Kabir, President of Women for women Zakia K Hasan, Country Director of Action Aid Bangladesh Farah Kabir, Executive Director of Karmajibi Nari Rokeya Rafiq Baby, Chandan Lahiri Form steps, Afroza Huq Rina, Convenor of Jatio Nari Jote, Dr. Wazedul Islam, General Secretary Bangladesh Trade Union Kendra etc spoke in the event.