- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Memorial Meeting for observance of 16th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
Social Action Committee organized a memorial meeting on 21st November 2015 at Engineer’s Institution at Dhaka for observance of 16th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal.
Social Action Committee is a platform of 68 women, Human rights and development organizations.
The President of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad Ayesha Khanam chaired the meeting.
The mail theme of meeting was need for more active role of male and young society for resisting Violence against women
In this meeting Ad Sultana Kamal, Executive Director, Ain O Salish Kendra and Ranjan Karmaker, Executive Director, Steps Towards Development discussed on the issue of Freedom of speech and personal liberty in Bangladesh Perspective, Ad Salma Ali, Executive Director BNWLA spoke on Violence against women and girl child in Bangladesh, Rokeya Kabir, Executive Director Bangladesh Nari Progoti Sangha and Helen Manisha Sarker, National General Secretary, YWCA of Bangladesh discussed on Communalism and our role, Chanchana Chakma, President Hills women’s Federation spoke on marginalized women in Bangladesh.
The Speakers demanded implementation of the constitution of 1972 as it was with its four fundamental: Democracy, socialism, secularism and nationalism. The speakers said that Sufia Kamal tried to mobilize the women folks of the country to establish their rights. She was a brave and a modest person who wanted a state where the women folks would not face repressions. The speakers called on the women to materialized the dream of poet Sufia Kamal.
Sanchita Talukder, Assist Coordinator, IED presented the recommendations. Jana Goswami, Program Director Advocacy, Bangladesh Mahila Parishad conducted the meeting