- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
Social Action Committee organized a memorial meeting on 20th November 2016 at Sufia Kamal Bhaban Auditorium on the occasion of poet Sufia kamal’s 17th death anniversary.
Social Action Committee is a platform of 69 women, Human rights and development organizations.
The President of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad Ayesha Khanam chaired the meeting.
Ad Sultana Kamal, Human rights activist and daughter of the poet, Zakia K Hasan, President of Women for Women, Aroma Dutt, Executive Director of PRIP Trust, Ranjan Karmaker, Executive Director, Steps Towards Development, Helen Manisha Sarker, National General Secretary, YWCA of Bangladesh, Nasimun Ara Huq, President Nari Sangbadik Kendra, Ad. Rawshan Jahan Parvin Senior Deputy Director Ain O Salish Kendra, Chanchana Chakma, President Hills women’s Federation were the discussants of the meeting. Spoke in the meeting. .
The Speakers demanded implementation of the constitution of 1972 as it was with its four fundamental: Democracy, socialism, secularism and nationalism. The speakers said that Sufia Kamal tried to mobilize the women folks of the country to establish their rights. She was a brave and a modest person who wanted a state where the women folks would not face repressions. The speakers called on the women to materialize the dream of poet Sufia Kamal.
Selina Ahmed Executive Director Acid Survivors Foundation read out the recommendations of the meeting while Chiro Ranjan Sarker Manager Communication BRAC, conducted the meeting.