- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Nilfamari District conference
6th district conference of Nilfamari district branch of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad was held on 15 January, 2016 at Shilpokala Academy Auditorium. The conference was presided over by President of Nilfamari district branch of BMP L.N. Rokeya while Joint General Secretary of BMP Rakhi Das Purkayastha, Organizing Secretary of BMP Umme Salma Begum, member of Central Committee and president of Dinajpur district branch Kaniz Rahman and member of Central Committee and General Secretary of Dinajpur branch Dr. Marufa Begum were present as central committee representatives. Principal Laila Arjumand Banu and Secretary of BMA Dr. Momtabul Islam were also present as special Guest.
Joint General Secretary of BMP Rakhi Das Purkayastha said, women face discrimination because of their unequal position in society. Women’s contribution in liberation war was immense. She said women’s participation in economical affairs is increased as compared to the past. Women have no political rights. Our demand, direct election in the reserved seats of women and increase one-third number of reserved seats in the National Parliament. Women are victim of discrimination in her workplace. The value of household works done by women is not account for financially. They have no acknowledgement of their labor on agriculture.
Organizing Secretary of BMP Umme Salma Begum said, Bangladesh Mahila Parishad has specific goals and objectives. Bangladesh Mahila Parishad is a non-political voluntary organization which believes in equality of men and women. Although it is a non-political organization it has its own politics and that is to establish the emancipation of women and women’s human rights. She also said, Bangladesh Mahila Parishad has its own declaration and constitution through which Bangladesh Mahila Parishad is managed.
Member of Central Committee and president of Dinajpur district branch Kaniz Rahman and member of Central Committee and General Secretary of Dinajpur branch Dr. Marufa Begum, Principal Laila Arjumand Banu and Secretary of BMA Dr. Momtabul Islam also spoke on the occasion.
29 members new committee was formed which L.N. Rokeya selected as president and Gulsan Ara Mona as General Secretary.