- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Observance of International Women’s day (8th March) Social Action Committee
Social Action Committee a platform of 70 women, Human rights and Development organizations organized a gathering and cultural program on 8th March at the auditorium of Engineer’s Institution at 4 p.m. on the occasion of International Women’s day.
Ayesha Khanam, President of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad presided over the Program while Professor Dr. Gowher Rizvi, Foreign Affairs Advisor to Honorable Prime Minister was present as the Chief Guest at the Program. Argentina P. Matavel Country Representative of UNFPA, Bangladesh and Christine Hunter, Country Representative of UN Women, Bangladesh were the special guests in this event.
The program was inaugurated with songs and recitation of poems by Sawpnil Sajeeb and Jharna Sarker respectively. Chandan Kumar Lahiri, Program Coordinator of Steps Towards Development presented the declaration with 18 demands of Social Action Committee.
The chief guest of the program Professor Dr. Gowher Rizvi said that we need for equal inheritance rights of men and women considering by all religious groups. The Special Guest Argentina P. Matavel Country Representative of UNFPA, Bangladesh and Christine Hunter, Country Representative of UN Women, Bangladesh emphasized in their statement to adopt the whole of the development agenda for women by the Government for fulfillment the goal of SDG.
President of Mahila Parishad Ayesha Khanam said that a monitoring team should be formed to evaluate what changes took place after gender budgeting was adopting by the Govt.
About more than thousand people were present in this event. Mitali Jahan, Project Coordinator of BNWLA conducted the program.