- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Savar district branch of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad celebrated 5th conference on 12 September, 2014 at Savar Upazila Auditorium, Savar, Dhaka. The ceremony was presided over by Mahfuza Begum, acting President, Savar District Branch of BMP while Prof. Dr. Farzana Islam, Vice Chancellor, Jahangir Nagar University, Savar and Ayesha Khanam, President, BMP, as special guests. The other special Guests were Maleka Banu, General Secretary of BMP, Rakhi Das Purkayastha, Joint General Secretary of BMP, Umme Salma Begum, Organizing Secretary of BMP and Sharmind Nilormi, Prof. Jahangir Nagar University, Savar.
Rakhi Das Purakayastha, Joint Secretary of BMP, said, if we can establish an equity based society of men and women; we can enjoy the benefits of true freedom.
Umme Salma Begum, Organization Secretary of BMP, said, to make Bangladesh Mahila Parishad more powerful and comprehensive we will implement our dream, and for that we need to work more strongly.
Maleka Banu, General Secretary of BMP, requested the women who are deprived from the right to gather under the flag of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad to establish secular, democratic, human, completed self-esteem, equity based society of men and women.
Ayesha Khanam, President of BMP said, bearing the culture of thousand years, with respect to the leadership of the national movement, considering the reality of the country Bangladesh Mahila Parishad have been working tirelessly for over 44 years for the rights of men & women, rich & poor, young & old and different kind professionals.
Prof. Dr. Farzana Islam, Vice Chancellor of Jahangir Nagar University, highly appreciated Bangladesh Mahila Parishad for taking steps about medical treatment and their rehabilitation of garments workers of RanaPlaza tragedy. She said, Bangladesh Mahila Parishad for its work, honesty and devotion will forward the women’s movement.
The programme was conducted by Shahana Jahan Siddiqa, Training, Research & Library secretary of Savar district branch, BMP. About 550 participants were present in the program.