- 47th Independent Day
- Social Action Committee hold press conference on recently passed Child Marriage Restraint Act 2017 with allowing special clause
- 47th Founding Anniversary
- Equal Rights in Economy: Commitment Towards Planet 50:50 Bangladesh Mahila Parishad and Asa University Bangladesh celebrated International Women’s Day
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development for the Union Parishad Elected Women Representatives.
- BMP felicitates the 26th founding anniversary of the Daily Star
- International Women’s day 2017
- Mahila Shomachar (July-September 2016)
- Observance of National Council Meeting -2017
- BMP felicitates the 17th founding anniversary of the Daily Jugantar
Social Action Committee hold press conference on recently passed Child Marriage Restraint Act 2017 with allowing special clause
A platform of 71 Women. Human rights and development organizations–Social Action Committee organized press conference on 1st March and 18th March 2017 at Reporters Unity in Dhaka on recently passed Child Marriage Restraint Act 2017 with special clause which allows underage marriage under special circumstances.
President of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad, Ayesha Khanam moderated the program while Salma Ali, Executive Director, BNWLA, President of Women for women Zakia K Hasan, Executive Director of Steps Towards Development Ranjan Karmaker, Executive Director Nari Progoti Sangha Rokeya Kabir, Program Head of BRAC Habibur Rahman , Senoir Deputy Director of ASK , Ad. Rawshan Jahan Parveen, Representative from Manusher Jonno Foundation Banasree Mitra and others persons from Social Action Committee spoke in the press conference.
The speakers said that the special provision of the Act will severely affect women and children’s rights and encourage child marriage as it does not specify the age for marriage. This Act will give advantage to rapists for marrying the victims.