- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development for the Union Parishad Elected Women Representatives.
- BMP felicitates the 26th founding anniversary of the Daily Star
- International Women’s day 2017
- Mahila Shomachar (July-September 2016)
- Observance of National Council Meeting -2017
- BMP felicitates the 17th founding anniversary of the Daily Jugantar
- BMP Pay their last Respect to Mahfuzul Bari
- Social Action Committee’s rally for protesting the special provision in the proposed Child Marriage Restrain Act-2016
- Mahila Parishad’s Press Conference
- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development for the Union Parishad Elected Women Representatives.
A Training on Raising Awareness and leadership skill development for the Local Government Elected Women Representatives was organized by Bangladesh Mahila Parishad (BMP), Belabo District Branch on 12th March, 2017 at Upazilla Parishad Auditorium, Belabo.
The training program was presided over by Rabeya Khatun Shanti, President of BMP Belabo District Branch. Chairman of 6 Union Parishads and Sadar Upazila Woman Vice Chairman were present as guests in the inaugural session of the training. A total number of 50 participants including 24 Elected Women Representatives and organizers of BMP were present in the program.
The objective of the training was to raise awareness and enhance leadership skills of the elected women representatives and the organizers, which will eventually help to build effective and efficient leadership in local government and within the organization.
The sessions ware conducted through discussions, power point presentations and participatory methods like question-answer, experience sharing and group work. Group work during the training gave the participants ample scope to discuss and share ideas and suggestions on specific issues related to local government. Central Committee representatives, local leaders of BMP and Officers of BMP facilitated the training programme. The programme was conducted by Rokhsana Begum, Legal Aid Secretary, Belabo.
Participants of the training were very much vocal and active in participation. They had keen interest to know the system of local government institutions and their role-responsibilities. Chairmen of the union parishads expressed positive experience of working with BMP. Elected women representatives appreciated the discussion points of the training.
The topics discussed in the training programme are:
- Women’s Movement in Bangladesh and Bangladesh Mahila Parishad (BMP). Facilitator: Rabeya Khatun Shanti, President, Belabo District Branch,
- Leadership, Concept of Gender and mainstreaming gender in local government activities, Facilitator: Rekha Saha, International Secretary, Central Committee, BMP.
- Local Government Institutions, Facilitator: Khurshida Bahar, Programme officer, BMP
- Development Planning and Budget of Union Parishad and Roles and responsibilities of elected women representatives of Union Parishad, Facilitator: Khodeja Akter Nazma, Project Coordinator, BMP.
- Women’s Human Rights in the constitution and Law of Bangladesh Facilitator: Nazrin Haque Hena, General Secretary, BMP Belabo.
- Group work and Presentation