- 8th CEDAW Shadow Report to the UN CEDAW Committee
- Bangladesh CEDAW Alternative Report 2016
- Happy New Year 2017
- Munsigonj District conference
- 10th Sylhet District Conference
- Memorial Meeting for observance of 17th death anniversary of Poet Sufia Kamal
- Press Conference in observance of “International Fortnight to Resist Violence Against Women and Girl” World Human Rights Day, 2016
- Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
- 5th Jamalpur District Conference-2016
- Certificate course closing-2016 ceremony completed successfully
Training on Raising Awareness and Leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives.
A Training on Raising Awareness and leadership skill development of Local Government Elected Women Representatives organized by the Bangladesh MahilaParishad, Mymensingh District branch was held on the 13th November, 2016, at the Zilla Parishad Auditorium, Mymensingh.
The training program was presided over by Ferdoush Ara Mahmuda Helen, President of the BMP Mymensingh District Branch. Md. Harun or Rashid, ADC (General), Mymensingh and A H M Lokman, Chief Executive Officer, Mymensingh ware present as a guest. A total of 63 participants including 30 Elected Women Representatives, Journalist were present in the program.
The objective of the training was to enhance the capacity and leadership skills of the elected women representatives and the organizers, which will eventually help to build appropriate leadership.
The session was conducted through discussions, Power Point presentations and participatory method. The group work during the training has given the participants ample scope to deliver, discuss and share leading to cross fertilization of ideas which was valuable for the participants. Central Committee Members, local leaders of BMP and Officers of BMP facilitated the training programme. The topics discussed in the training programme are:
First Working Session
- Women’s Movement in Bangladesh and Bangladesh Mahila Parishad Facilitators Rekha Chowdhury, Vice President, Central Committee,
- Leadership Facilitator Rekha Saha, International Secretary, Central Committee, BMP
- Local Government Institution Facilitators Khurshida Bahar, Programme officer, BMP
- Women’s Human Rights under constitution and Law in Bangladesh Facilitator Lila Roy, Legal Aid Secretary, BMP Mymensingh.
- Development Planning and Budget of Union Parishad Facilitator Khodeja Akter Nazma, Project Coordinator, BMP.
Second Working Session
- Roles and responsibilities of elected women representatives of Union Parishad and Financial accounting policy of Union Parishad Facilitator Monira Begum, General Secretary, BMP, Mymensingh District Br.
- Concept of Gender and mainstreaming gender in local government activities Facilitator Ayesha Khatun, Programme officer, BMP
- Group work and Presentation