On 24th and 25th February 2023, the central training, research, library sub-committee, and Dinajpur district branch jointly organized a two-day training program with the young women organizers of Rajshahi and Rangpur Division at the Mohila Bohumukhi Shikkha Kendra (MBSK Training Centre) of Dinajpur.
In that training program, 70 young women organizers from 13 districts (Rajshahi, University of Rajshahi, Pabna, Kurigram, Natore, Naogaon, Rangpur, Dinajpur, Gaibandha, Nilphamari and convener district- Lalmanirhat, Panchagarh, Thakurgaon) of Rajshahi and Rangpur division were presented. However, the majority of the participants in the program who were trainees had never been trained before.
The inaugural session of the two-day training program was held on February 24, 2023. District branch president Kaniz Rahman presided over this inaugural session under the direction of Dr. Marufa Begum, General Secretary of the Dinajpur district branch. Dinajpur Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board Chairman Professor Kamrul Islam was present as the chief guest. In the inaugural session, Rina Ahmed, the secretary of the Central Committee for Training, Research and Library also gave her speech.
In this two-day training program, training was given on five issues. The discussed issues are:
1) Gender concept and women empowerment: observed women
2) Practical action to prevent women’s rights and violence against women in existing laws: Young women’s responsibilities
3) Organization’s activities in the light of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad, declaration, and constitution
4) The United Nation’s initiative to establish women’s rights and the CEDAW certificate
5) Practical work of the organization and young women organizer.
People who performed duties as trainers are-
1) Mahbuba Kanij Keya, Professor of the Psychology Department, Rajshahi University, and a member of the central committee of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad.
2) Rina Ahmed, Secretary of Training, Research and Library, the central committee of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad.
3) Rekha Saha, Aid Secretary, central committee of Bangladesh Mahila Parishad.
4) Adv. Dipti Rani Sikdar, Director In-charge of Legal Advocacy, and Lobi, central Legal aid sub-committee of Bangladesh.
People who were present as moderators-
1) Mahabuba Khatun Rani, Asst. Secretary, Dinajpur District Branch.
2) Rowshon Ara Begum, Asst. Secretary, Dinajpur District Branch.
3) Minti Ghosh, Asst. Secretary, Dinajpur District Branch.
Besides, the trainers directed two group works on women’s violence and matters of the organization. In this two-day long program, three sessions of this training program were conducted by-
1) Rubi Afroz, Secretary of Research and Library, Dinajpur District Branch.
2) Rubina Akter, Organization Secretary, Dinajpur District Branch.
3) Rajia Sultana Poly, Secretary of Education and Culture, Dinajpur District Branch.
The two-day training program ended with the certificate distribution among the trainees and a speech by Kanij Rahman of the Dinajpur district branch.