A consultation meeting on the preparation of the CEDAW Alternative Report was held on 17 September 2022 at Master Chef Conference Room (Alkar Mor, Rajshahi) from 9.30 am to 4.00 pm. Kalpana Roy, president of the district branch of the organization and vice president of the central committee presided over the consultation program. A total of 50 people were present in this consultation meeting.
Assistant Commissioner Mr. Kaushik Ahmed, a representative of the Rajshahi Deputy Commissioner, was present as the chief guest. He said-
• If we cannot change our perspective, no matter how much we talk about the law, how much we talk about the CEDAW charter, or how many seminars we do, the space for discrimination will not really disappear.
• Equality of men and women should be achieved by changing the perspective of individuals and society.
Adv. Masuda Rehana Begum, Joint General Secretary said-
• The Government has to be held accountable for achieving success in gender equality.
• The attitude of men towards women should be changed completely.
Apart from this, Shafiqur Rahman Badsha, President of the Bangladesh College teachers’ Association was present as a special guest. He said-
• Appropriate measures should be taken to achieve real equality between men and women in all fields of political, economical, and cultural life, regardless of the global situation.
Kalpana Roy, president of the district branch of the organization and vice president of the central committee said-
• The existing law of Bangladesh does not allow women to have an equal share of the property with men.
• When a woman faces a personal or family problem, she takes shelter in personal or family law based on the respected religion of their own community.
Finally, she ended the program by giving a vote of thanks to the leaders, guests, special guests, journalists, and all Bangladesh Mahila Parishad Rajshahi District Branch members.